Friday, June 8, 2012

John Mayer Felt Humiliated by Taylor Swift's 'Dear John' Song


John Mayer Felt Humiliated by Taylor Swift's 'Dear John' Song
John Mayer Felt Humiliated by Taylor Swift's 'Dear John' Song

John Mayer took a two year long sabbatical from singing and public life to purge himself, but he is still grappling with some residual bitterness, firing back at Taylor Swift for her 2010 song Dear John.
The song featured on Swift's 2010 album Speak Now and alludes to her relationship with John from late 2009 to June 2010.
John is bitter about the lyrics of the song that go: "Dear John, I see it all, now it was wrong / Don't you think 19 is too young to be played by your dark twisted games, when I loved you so?"
Speaking to the new issue of Rolling Stone, on newsstands Friday, John says the song "made me feel terrible."
"Because I didn't deserve it. I'm pretty good at taking accountability now, and I never did anything to deserve that. It was a really lousy thing for her to do."
Mayer further laid into Swift for her "cheap songwriting."
"I will say as a songwriter that I think it's kind of cheap songwriting," he says. "I know she's the biggest thing in the world, and I'm not trying to sink anybody's ship, but I think it's abusing your talent to rub your hands together and go, 'Wait till he gets a load of this!' That's bullshit."
Swift and Mayer first met when they recorded a duet, "Half of My Heart", in late 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...