Monday, June 11, 2012

Swara Bhaskar: Sartorial Sizzle at IIFA 2012 Awards


Swara Bhaskar Dress
Swara Bhaskar Dress

 Swara Bhaskar looked resplendent in a Sailex NG dusty rose sheer lace gown at IIFA 2012 Awards in Singapore on Saturday, June 9.
The Tanu Weds Manu star wore a number from the Winter 2012 collection of the Manipuri designer, based in Delhi. The design was unveiled during the Lakme Fashion Week in August and Swara is the first to showcase it on red carpet.
Swara carried off the edgy dress, which tastefully showed a lot of skin, with aplomb.
The dress featured one-shoulder illusion and was embellished with sequin accented lace cutouts, placed strategically. The sheer panels on bodice, back and legs showcased the enviable curves and toned arms of the young actress, while rocking a popular fashion trend of the year.
The studded dull gold stilettos and exquisite floral pattern jewels by Amrapali, consisting of earrings and a bracelet, echoed the graceful silhouette of her dress.
Her hair was parted on the side and pulled back into a messy low chignon to keep attention on the Sailex gown.
Swara Bhaskar Fashion
Swara Bhaskar Fashion

Tangerine lips and a matching hue blush set off the soft color of her dress. Well defined liner and lashings of mascara completed the smokey eyes.
Swara and her stylist Maneka Harisinghani gave Sawfnews.com an exclusive scoop on her look.
Talking about her style Swara says, "I'm a really easy-going person and essentially my sense of style is casual comfortable."
Swara Bhaskar
Swara Bhaskar

"For the IIFA red carpet, however, my brilliant stylist Maneka Harisinghani told me we should push the envelope a bit, and found me this lovely peachy pink gown by the amazing Sailexx Ngairangbam. I fell in love with it the moment I tried it and was very excited to wear it, though a bit nervous too."
"I have this deep seated fear that I will fall flat on my face one day on the red carpet," she jokes.
"Anyway Maneka put the whole look together beautifully and finally the D-Day arrived and I landed on the red carpet, took a deep breath and took a step. Sure enough, the photographers lapped up the look/gown and I ended up spending almost 20min getting clicked and interviewed and mostly everyone was asking about the gown! Especially when they saw the back."
"I got a lot of compliments that evening. It was great fun in all and a great decision by Maneka and all in all I felt amazing, also because in fact I did not fall flat on my face at all!" said Swara.
Maneka tells us the drama that went behind the scenes and how it all came together:
Swara Bhaskar Style
Swara Bhaskar Style

"Creating this Utterly feminine, roman nymph inspired look for Swara was born with a thought when I was spending some alone time on my beach holiday. Amidst uninhibited adventures, the vision of Swara coming out of her shyness broke me into a 3 mile bike ride to the closest spot for some connectivity."
"Sailex NG's designs are powerful yet elegant, his cuts have a European intelligence with a hint of some good old drama. The salmon pink sheer sequined gown was a visual treat and right there in the dimly lit two seater cyber cafe, Swara's IIFA look was sealed."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...